Eiko's Forum~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eiko's Forum~

This forum is for everyone to enjoy great conversations. (^_^)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Martial Arts

Go down 
+2
stewie
kazedragon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kazedragon

kazedragon

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:01 pm

Anyone here do martial arts?
Anyone have a favorite martial art?
Martial arts movies?
Any talk about martial arts what-so-ever.
Back to top Go down
stewie

stewie

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:15 pm

i kno a little of the marine corps martial art, kung fu, and muay thai. at least wut ppl hav taught me, and i started learnig muay thai on my own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/futureusmarine
Franq

Franq

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:37 pm

Last edited by on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Franq

Franq

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:41 pm

Back to top Go down
kazedragon

kazedragon

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:36 pm

franq wrote:
Hung Gar beotch!

"bitch, my man is not your baby's daddy".

thats probably one of the best comments I've ever read about martial arts...and it really hasn't anything to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Hung

Hung

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:57 pm

i want to learn shaolin kung fu
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0thingness
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:30 am

My father taught me Kendo starting when i was very young, he learned it in Okinawa when he was stationed there in the Navy. He also competed in a junior olympic league for Kendo. It is where i learned my appreciation for bushido and the 7 virtues of a samurai. As i got older i took Ryu Kyu Kempo classes, Ryu Kyu Kempo is Okinawian karate. I also have been taught various Aikido and Judo techiniques when i went to martial arts competitions when i did Ryu Kyu Kempo. I am also taking MCMAP which is the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, but all of these techniques are not meant to incapcitate or disarm an opponent, they are meant to kill an opponent, so they cannot be used in normal everyday situations. I also did a year and a half of amatuer boxing in the light heavyweight division out of the Title Boxing gym in Olathe, Kansas. My gym competed against other gyms in the mid-west and some west coast gyms, it was fun when we got to travel Very Happy . I am also currently learning and developing my skill in Parkour, which is the art of movement. In a conflict there are 2 reactions...Fight or Flight...my other martial arts i have learned all deal with the fighting aspect of conflict, Parkour deals with the flight aspect. I believe in balance in all things i do so Parkour is my way of not only keeping myself in shape and my mind sharp, but to also offset and balance the other skills i have learned. I have been very fortunate to have a supportive family and enviornment for learning, and a great intrest in learning doesnt hurt either lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjamanjaro
Jackson

Jackson

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:16 am

My unvle was stationed in Okinawa when he was in the Corps, but he did no martial arts just western style fighting ie boxing
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:51 am

yea i want to do intermural boxing for the Corps but they don't have a team here on the base here in hawaii Sad . It sucks too because i know i will do well if i can get signed up with a base team.
Back to top Go down
kazedragon

kazedragon

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Thats pretty cool that you learned that from your father. You've studied a lot of various martial arts, I myself focus mainly on the japanese basic set, karate, akido, judo/jujitsu, with some okinawan kobudo.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:29 pm

you must try Kendo, there is nothing like a good Japanese Fencing match. A bamboo shinai really hurts too, i think i would probably rather be hit with a metal bat repeatedly than to be hit with bamboo, it felt like i broke my arm when i first got clocked with one of those things.
Back to top Go down
kazedragon

kazedragon

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Actually, I tried a little bit of kendo, but I'd prefer to take some iado. learning to use a real sword. Its different which I'm sure you know.
Back to top Go down
Franq

Franq

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 11:12 pm

Back to top Go down
kazedragon

kazedragon

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 11:26 pm

Your right, it is. And when I try and learn that, I'm defiantly going to be using all the contacts I have made to find someone who truly knows. I know some people who have connections to high up martial arts people in japan.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:12 am

Its best to stay away from breaking traditions, especially in martial arts. Tread carefully
Back to top Go down
kazedragon

kazedragon

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:17 am

I would say its best to know traditions, and when to break them. After all, bruce lee was trained traditionally, but could see the damage tradition could do and when to break it. But I do agree with what your saying partially.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:27 am

Your right in the effort to create your own style you must take what you have learned and, like a potter make it uniquely your own creation.bI just mean tread lightly when it comes to trying to get someone to teach you.
Back to top Go down
wedding

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: wedding dress   Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:51 am

A significant save spring desinger wedding dress ,from the runway 2011! Purchase all kinds of quality bridal gowns at wholesale cost appropriate now! You know 90% bridal party within the world are created in China.So our factory can provied any wedding accessories that you just want.As the world-leading factory, we supply much numerous fashion styles and top quality dresses, all at wholesale prices and no cost of charge shipping to worldwide! We supply the convenience of one-stop shopping with head-to-toe wedding dress.Our products incorporate wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,party dresses,flower girl dresses, wedding special occasions dresses and wedding accessories like wedding accessories headpieces , wedding handbags , jackets,bridal veils,wedding shoes .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts   Martial Arts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Martial Arts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eiko's Forum~ :: Catagories :: Sports 24/7-
Jump to: