Eiko's Forum~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eiko's Forum~

This forum is for everyone to enjoy great conversations. (^_^)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About USA....

Go down 
+8
Hung
Eiko
emmajkt
sayonara
Jackson
Mr. Bahr
Sid
Thorbjorn
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 5:23 am

i know Eiko made this forum to meet American people and to learn something about USA... so that's way i made this Topic.... Write something about the US... and how it is 2 live there.....
Wink
all i can say is, i think it sucks, that it costs 2 take a GOOD education like a university education... it's not like that in Denmark...
Back to top Go down
Sid

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 6:48 am

Young boy you have no idea what you talking about.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 6:56 am

It sucks so much that so many people desire to get into it each year...I get your point lol. There are obviously problems in the US but there are problems with every country. I mean, for example, no other in the world community considers Denmark a military threat therefor they don't really listen to what they have to say about anything dealing with world politics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjamanjaro
Jackson

Jackson

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 8:57 am

US is very nice place. Where I live, although many think this isnt true, we bend over backwards to make outsiders feel welcome and have good sense of hospitality. Those that want an education should have to pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: LOEL   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 10:41 am

lol! SId..tell me what im talking about.... u have to remember not all can pay for a university education.... i think if u have a mom who works @ the local pub.. u have a bigger problem... paying for your education... then Angelina Jolie's son.... do u get my point.... i mean all have to be equal... and not being judged on your wallet but on your knowledge.... that's all what i'm trying to say... and by the way... Denmark might not be a big threat that's way we r in the EU/FN/NATO.... and i have to say Denmark is a very wealthy country...if u look at the average Dane...so something have we done right...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 4:17 pm

If the US has such a poor education system then why do so many foriegners (especially from europe) come to study here? How many people do you know of that are hopping fences and risking their lives to get into Denmark? Now think about how many people do that to get into the US. See the difference.
Back to top Go down
sayonara

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 1:53 am

Hi Thorbjorn,

Comparing Denmark with the USA is like comparing the economic system of a small village with that of a huge town. Therefore I wouldn't say Denmark has a "better" approach dealing with things ~ the approach is just different ~ tailored to the needs of a small country.

Denmark and almost all countries in the European Union rely on the model of the "Scandinavian" welfare system. Part of that welfare system are help for the unemployed, high governmental pensions, guaranteed health insurance for everyone, free access to universities and education in general and much much more. In short: Things that aren't available in the USA.

But how can the European Countries afford such a welfare system? Just because they are that rich? No! Its because Europeans have to pay much more taxes then US citizens. That means at the end you also have to pay for your free university access. You just don't pay for it directly, but through taxes.

Get my point? In the USA the paradigm is "care for yourself", while in the EU the paradigm is more like "your country cares for you".

That means in the USA you have the freedom to plan by yourself what you do with your money (for example: you could save money for a good education of your children when they are grown up OR you could just decide to buy a new sports car instead of it Wink ) while in Denmark the country takes much more of it from you through high taxes and decides for you what happens with your money.

In the end you can't really say which system is "better". Sure, the European system is definitely more "fair" - or lets better say more "regulated" - giving everybody the chance to live a good life without sorrows. But at the other hand the European system makes it impossible to make the so called "American dream" come true. A career "from dishwasher to millionaire" just wont work here in Europe. And i guess thats why people are fascinated about America ~ because there they can make their dreams come true.

Just my 2 cents. Wink
Back to top Go down
Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 4:39 am

Emne: ass Today at 12:39 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Bahr... our country pays for the education abroad... the only reason to seek another country to study in, is just to learn something new and see something new...... and by the way... Denmark had a big problem with imigrants back in the days (90-00+) becauase of this welfare system so many was hopping the fences... and another thing... and about the US education system being poor... all i'm saying is not all can afford the education, and that's something... i think sucks...

Hey Robert.. yeah iknow the taxes is higher in denmark...but i wouldn't say we have sovjet conditions.. i would call my self pretty wealthy.... and my dad is a postman....my mom works as a assistent at a office so..we have 2 house's and a holiday home... and like 4 computers at home to a 3 person family... and the state pays me every month.. like 300$ to take my education... the "paycheck" is so because of.. i'm livin with my parents and because of what they make.. ... so i'm happy.... .. but yeah u r right about the scale Denmark/US... but still... and after seeing Sicko with Michae Moore... i again got frustrated but this time about how the American health care system is.....
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 5:00 am

So really the point is i guess no matter what anyone says you'll still be preaching Denmark superiority right? Because that is exactly what it sounds like, and it's pretty childish and stupid.
Back to top Go down
Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 5:23 am

Mr. Barh insted of just say ohhh.... you suck and no one gives a shit sbout denmark.. then tell me.. don't u think somethings wrong when not all can get a education hmm.. ??. and by the way i'm not saying denamrk is like the best country in World... all i'm saying is it's better when all can get a education... and i think it's pretty childish and stupid u can't say anything good about the american education system.... but just you suck and no one gives a shit sbout denmark.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:31 pm

my point is, why do you care about the American education system? Your from Denmark. You don't even know what you are talking about, you don't live here. People can get as good of an education here as those in Denmark, the system is different not bad. You just come off as an ass saying our education system sucks and we can't get one, your calling us uneducated, or at least that is what it sounds like to me. That is why im pissed off by your comment.
Back to top Go down
emmajkt

emmajkt

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:53 pm

No

I think this thread is very unnecessary, we don't have to talk negative about other country it can be very offensive. So why not give positive information to eiko.

For me USA of course the most popular and upfront cuntry but just like any other place have plus and minus. I think Denmark is a good place too, i wanna move to europe oneday. Europe is very historic and Artistic place
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/emmajkt
Eiko

Eiko

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 11:32 pm

It's sweet of you to make this thread Thorbjorn. (^_^)
Thank you~

I see a lot of negatives, like what Emma said. Be nice to hear some positives about America.

I want to know about (Your) experience with America. Your own personal experience with the culture and how it has affected you. To see if from your point of view will be more interesting to me. Because I already know the overview of America and what its like. But I dont know what its like to be the one living there and experiencing the people, place and environment. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://eiko.forumotion.com
Hung

Hung

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:32 am

america is not very free

isn't denmark in the top tallest people? i just know it's the norwegians
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0thingness
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:47 am

no country or society are really free hung, to live under a government is to give some of your freedom to a higher power. Hell if you work somewhere you have lost some freedom. Freedom is an intangible object and it comes in many forms, basically you are as free as you see yourself as being. Take me for example, I am obviously working in the military and as such have alot of my freedom taken away, but i believe i trruly can experience freedom more than most people ever can. When i do parkour, when i go home on leave and see my family, when i travel. It all makes me feel a sense of freedom most people will never understand or feel, but with all great things it comes with a price. This is the balance that drives everything, I can travel because I work for the military. I can do parkour because I take my free time to workout and practice along with taking cuts bruises and scrapes that comes with it. I get a month off to see my family and do what i want because i am going to iraq. See all things come with a price, so saying America isn't free is a redundent statement because nothing in life is.
Back to top Go down
Hung

Hung

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:54 am

they say america is the home of the free or land of the free but its probably not one of the free-est
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0thingness
Sid

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:23 am

Hung wrote:
they say america is the home of the free or land of the free but its probably not one of the free-est
true, the most free country would be the netherlands Wink

but still america is very free when it comes to ecomonics. but not very free when it comes to personal freedom.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:38 am

No one is ever free in the true sense of the word. As long as you follow a leader, a group, someone other than yourself and change what you want for them then you are not free.
Back to top Go down
Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 9:11 am

Hung .... have to say America Is VERY FREE....that's what America is all about...and that's why they "made" the US.... back in the days.. it was to get away from European Kings king .... and let the people live how they wanted 2... Right ?...And that's why u pay so low tax's overthere... it's so u have economical freedom.... right ?... and by the way Mr. Bahr +..... i'm not saying u r uneducated...i'm just saying if u dont have the money u can't get a Higher Education... and i dont think that's right... i'm sorry if i pissed u off.. but that's just my point of view... because i think ALL.. no matter income should get the education they want 2.... and Mr. Bahr +..... u say i don't know what i'm talking about....PLEASE !! tell me if i have said something that's wrong.. i'm willing 2 learn or correct something that's wrong..... ..... and Hung... tell me what souldn't be free in America...??
ohh... and by the thanks Eiko and no problem..
Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocko

Rocko

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 11:53 am

Thorbjorn

I just waisted 3 mins of my life reading your garbage. I don't like you. I do however like the country you are from.

please don't reply to me in a topic or private message, as I really won't read it.
Back to top Go down
Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 12:15 pm

Sure Rocko np... u can waiste 15 sec... more here........... is it just me.. or is this the National Feeling i'm steping on when i say the Education System isn't that great.... because i've no problem with saying that Denmark got it's problems 2.... i just don't take it so personal...
Back to top Go down
Sid

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 12:15 pm

Bjorn is craving for attention. He probably has a crush on our forum leader and wants her come to Denmark instead of USA. Wink I stop discussion here for now because its no sense at all. Somehow its not a thread to learn about USA, but a thread where just negative aspects are discussed.

And no, im not a huge fan of my home country USA!
Back to top Go down
Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 12:29 pm

hmm..... i see... and no i don't have any problem with Eiko visiting the US.....there's properly more to see then in Denmark... and the only reason way i don't give up my view.. is because nobody have stepped up and said...." no that's not true....AND WAY it isn't true... " but every boddy is just saying..... u suck...and so on....so PLEASE... TELL me why i should make a new view on the Education System..... Agian... i can't say it's reasonable that, the money stops u 2 be.. the one u wanted 2 be...
Back to top Go down
Franq

Franq

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 12:57 pm

My experience returning to the USA from Japan:

When I got to ATlanta for a 3 hour layover, I was immediately greeted by native born AMericans that can't even speak their own language correctly. Not only that, but I had gotten very used to the courtesy and intelligence of the average Japanese. Two qualities I value greatly in others. Well, I asked for the price of a coke at the airport convience store (which was unlisted) and the girl working the counter immediately copped a fucking attitude with me, as if I had asked her an out of bounds question like "why do you work at this stupid place?" or something to that effect. I had never, in all my 3 months in Japan, ever been treated so rudely and talked to in such an uneducated way.

Anyway I finally returned to Minneapolis, the 5th most educated city in the US. Surely, I would not experience the mind-numbing stupidity of the south, right?

Well my second day back, my neighbor stopped by and asked for a pair of plyers to fix his bike. I went outside with my tool box and helped him. The conversation that we had on the way to his garage was unforgetable. Bear in mind that this kid is at least 17 years old.
"I haven't seen you around in a while, where have you been?", he said.
"Oh, I was in Japan for the last 3 months"
"did you drive there?" scratch
" no, Japan is on the other side of the Pacific ocean; It was a 13 hour flight."
"Oh, you mean from the airport?" scratch

What the FUCK??????? I swear I did not make this up. American's are so fucking stupid it makes me sick. I am so embarrassed to be from this country.

To all foreign countries:
Come attack america and rid the world of the most polluting, wasteful, short-sighted, greedy, selfish, unaware, uneducated, pestilent animals that you have come to know as AMERICANS. If you do not end this now, the Americans will surely end you. Yeah, we may have high technology, but there might be 5000 people in this whole country with the intelligence necessary to be considered a threat. There is no going back for America. It is a crumbling empire and it will become ever more ruthless as its power diminishes. End it now and save yourselves!!!
Back to top Go down
Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 1:44 pm

lol! yeah i know Japanese People should be friendly.... BUT **** "DRIVE 2 JAPAN"..... i think ALL danes know where Japan is... but the American's.... uhh..... .. uhh... and by the way <object><param></param><param></param></object>

and <object><param></param><param></param></object> .....

IS THIS TRUE:: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About USA.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About USA....   About USA.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About USA....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eiko's Forum~ :: Anything Goes~ :: Random Non-Sense in here-
Jump to: