Eiko's Forum~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eiko's Forum~

This forum is for everyone to enjoy great conversations. (^_^)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Go down 
+4
Mr. Bahr
Eiko
Hung
Franq
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:17 am

Don't judge an entire religion just because of a group of extremists. Those people foul the morals and guidelines that the religion was founded on. If i were to judge an entire religion by a group of extremists then i would probably hate every musilum person in the world. I don't though because i know that the things a group did claiming that they followed that religion were in fact doing the opposite of what that religion aught. Its simply a matter of misunderstanding. It's easy enough for us to point a finger at someone, i know i do it sometimes, im human we all are, but we need to learn to stop ourselves before we make a big mistake and ruin a good oppurtunity to understand and know someone because of prejudice. Are you not doing exactly what you say religous people do when you say you don't like religion at all because those people are discriminate towards homosexuals. Its all discrimination no matter how you word it. We all do it, we seperate people into groups, it is how our brain works, we have to just be aware of what we are doing so that our future decisions are not influenced by this prejudice...Sorry i talk forever. king

-noone is better than anyone else, there is a taoist saying that a teacher can only be a teacher because he has a student, what it means is the teacher is no better than the student and the student no better than the teacher, they require each other to be what they are...ok i will stop talking now sorry i just wanted to add some food for thought king
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjamanjaro
Jackson

Jackson

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 10:16 am

Eiko if you are Atheist, you must be the source of all knowledge then considering you have no higher order or sacred text to turn to. I also suppose by your standards natural order are also alligned. You must have the answers to all lifes questions if you figured out there was no God.

Im not that religious, but Im just sayin for the sake of discussion.
Back to top Go down
Emolicious

Emolicious

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:08 pm

But that's the point of being atheist. We don't have all the answers. So we question and we look and try and find out.

Religion goes back many many centuries to answer the unknown. That was religion's first purpose.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:05 pm

emo what your talking about is agnostic, they are the ones that question whether religion is needed or not, they are not one way or the other on religion. Athiest is the belief that religion isn't needed.
Back to top Go down
Jackson

Jackson

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 5:07 pm

and therfore logic and reason rule all, for athiests while religious folk attempt to live life by a sacred text whether moral or not.
Back to top Go down
Eiko

Eiko

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 5:38 pm

emmajkt wrote:
I do believe there's something greater than human flesh. I never sure wether i believe in god or not. But i do believe all religion is bullshit, especially when they get so extreme and very judgemental, such as being very mean and discriminate gay people.

What is their right to treat people like that. They are just bunch of Hypocrite people. They always act they are holy and they are better just because they have religion.

You're right. There are so many religion out and its all very hypicritical. Some religion exploit evilness in order to impower their own faith. That is whats corrupted about certain relgions that degrades people. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://eiko.forumotion.com
Eiko

Eiko

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 5:42 pm

Jackson wrote:
Eiko if you are Atheist, you must be the source of all knowledge then considering you have no higher order or sacred text to turn to. I also suppose by your standards natural order are also alligned. You must have the answers to all lifes questions if you figured out there was no God.

Im not that religious, but Im just sayin for the sake of discussion.

If you read my earlier post about god. You would understand that god is a message created by our human intellects. We created god in order for us to have the answers to life.

But the truth, we dont have the answers to life because the universe if an unsolved mystery. To believe in god and to have faith is a wondeful thing. I will never take that away from anyone.
Back to top Go down
Jackson

Jackson

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 5:59 pm

Eiko wrote:
emmajkt wrote:
I do believe there's something greater than human flesh. I never sure wether i believe in god or not. But i do believe all religion is bullshit, especially when they get so extreme and very judgemental, such as being very mean and discriminate gay people.

What is their right to treat people like that. They are just bunch of Hypocrite people. They always act they are holy and they are better just because they have religion.

You're right. There are so many religion out and its all very hypicritical. Some religion exploit evilness in order to impower their own faith. That is whats corrupted about certain relgions that degrades people. Crying or Very sad

like Shintoism
Back to top Go down
Jackson

Jackson

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 6:02 pm

you contradicted yourself, like I said you must "have the source of all knowledge"

Read This

The Atheist

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the "accident of evolution" had created. What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals, he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge toward him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closer. He ran even faster, so scared that tears were comingto his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell to the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear, right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him. At that instant the atheist cried out "Oh my God!"

Time stopped....The bear froze....The forest was silent....Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light. "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps You could make the bear a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice. The light went out. The river ran again. And the sounds of the forest returned. And then the bear dropped his right paw.... brought both paws together... bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful."
Back to top Go down
Eiko

Eiko

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:53 pm

Jackson wrote:
you contradicted yourself, like I said you must "have the source of all knowledge"

Read This

The Atheist

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the "accident of evolution" had created. What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals, he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge toward him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closer. He ran even faster, so scared that tears were comingto his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell to the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear, right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him. At that instant the atheist cried out "Oh my God!"

Time stopped....The bear froze....The forest was silent....Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light. "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps You could make the bear a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice. The light went out. The river ran again. And the sounds of the forest returned. And then the bear dropped his right paw.... brought both paws together... bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful."

This is a fictional story. What does it have to do with proving anything. scratch
Back to top Go down
Emolicious

Emolicious

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:58 pm

I agree with Eiko...

So am I supposed to think that now I have to become Christian or a bear will kill me?

What about the infants that die everyday? A friend of the family's daughter who was 6 months old had a fatal skin disease and died about 3 days ago. Why didn't god save the baby if the family was religious? Why do so many bad things happen to good christians?

That's one of the many things I disagree with religion on.
Back to top Go down
Hung

Hung

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:16 pm

if god is all powerful why doesn't he just make everyone christian, why does he even need people to believe in him anyways? why did he have to create human anyways? why does he teach that if you dont believe in him you will go to hell? isn't he the one that made athiest and everything else that exist? than isn't what is happening right now all under his control? so isn't all this what he wants?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0thingness
Jackson

Jackson

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:35 pm

It was a joke.

2 Thes 1:8-9 (NIV) He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction...

Nahum 1:2 (Amp) The Lord is a jealous God and avenging, the Lord avenges and He is full of wrath; the Lord takes vengeance on his adversaries and reserves wrath for his enemies.

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.
C.S. Lewis

The atheist can't find God for the same reason that a thief can't find a policeman.
Author Unknown

There are those who hate Christianity and call their hatred an all-embracing love for all religions.
G.K. Chesterton
Back to top Go down
Jackson

Jackson

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:36 pm

Hung wrote:
if god is all powerful why doesn't he just make everyone christian, why does he even need people to believe in him anyways? why did he have to create human anyways? why does he teach that if you dont believe in him you will go to hell? isn't he the one that made athiest and everything else that exist? than isn't what is happening right now all under his control? so isn't all this what he wants?

We are his creation created in His image and must follow his will as Adam and Eve were disobedient thus is all mankind. Dont start a theological debate.
Back to top Go down
Hung

Hung

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:45 pm

i thought he or it doesn't have an image, he or it is just there....
but he or it is portrayed as an old man with long white hair and beard in a white robe, kinda like gandalf the white wizard

yea but why did he or it create us for?

jackson which side are you on? your confusing me
Back to top Go down
emmajkt

emmajkt

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:22 pm

Mr. Bahr wrote:
Don't judge an entire religion just because of a group of extremists. Those people foul the morals and guidelines that the religion was founded on. If i were to judge an entire religion by a group of extremists then i would probably hate every musilum person in the world. I don't though because i know that the things a group did claiming that they followed that religion were in fact doing the opposite of what that religion aught. Its simply a matter of misunderstanding. It's easy enough for us to point a finger at someone, i know i do it sometimes, im human we all are, but we need to learn to stop ourselves before we make a big mistake and ruin a good oppurtunity to understand and know someone because of prejudice. Are you not doing exactly what you say religous people do when you say you don't like religion at all because those people are discriminate towards homosexuals. Its all discrimination no matter how you word it. We all do it, we seperate people into groups, it is how our brain works, we have to just be aware of what we are doing so that our future decisions are not influenced by this prejudice...Sorry i talk forever. king

-noone is better than anyone else, there is a taoist saying that a teacher can only be a teacher because he has a student, what it means is the teacher is no better than the student and the student no better than the teacher, they require each other to be what they are...ok i will stop talking now sorry i just wanted to add some food for thought king

Its true, people always trying to find justification for their act all the time. Religion is the strong one. I am not talking about the extremist, because mild manner people can have prejudism... its normal yes. But when people start to treat significant other differently, that's what i hate about religion.

You know when you follow one religion, you became part of one big group that will start to discriminate others who have different believes. It tend to make yourself feel better than them. The myth about heaven and hell also included with this. The fact of some religion curse the other that different, pretty obvious for me that religion only bring some hatred....

For example, it was said in the bible, taurat and qur'an. All unbelievers will go to hell... the problem is you will never know which one is the right religion to make you go to heaven ( if there's such things) They all curse one another. So fucked up, i rather not believe in any. I think what important is you just try your best to be good person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/emmajkt
Eiko

Eiko

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:02 pm

Hung wrote:

Why are you even asking these questions? We created god with our minds and our intellects. And were able to put that belief onto paper and written documents. That document know becomes the bible~ creating all source of religion. Like Emma said, there are too many religion out there. Because there are many different minds out there.

I can make up my own religion, if I get enough people to believe it then it will be real. Majority always rules and that is why religion wants to discriminate other religions out there.
Back to top Go down
Hung

Hung

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 12:28 am

these are just rhetorical questions, it is in response to the posts above it, about the fictional story. i am just doing the same thing as emo did by asking all those questions. and i think jackson was doing the same thing, he was being sarcastic. so basicly... we are all agreeing with each other, so far no one opposing yet
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 2:01 am

I still am and always will be a christian, it's what i know, it's how i was raised. I never descriminate other religions though, they all have the same ends, guiding us towards being the kind of person we want to be. What tends to happen though is that people become to narrow minded in thier beliefs and never want to accept another view on an issue. I am a christian but i also studied other religions in school, in terms of guiding my thought and reasoning i use my knowledge in Taoism and it's teachings. I really don't think it is the religion that causes a person to show prejudice towards another religion or not, it is the misunderstanding and personal insecurities that cause people to be this way. We all need something to hope for, and no one wants to be wrong, especially about things they devote their lives to.
Back to top Go down
Emolicious

Emolicious

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 6:46 am

I agree with that Mr. Bahr. Very well put. I study religions in school too and it really has helped me understand the thought process of them.
Back to top Go down
Eiko

Eiko

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Emolicious wrote:
I agree with that Mr. Bahr. Very well put. I study religions in school too and it really has helped me understand the thought process of them.

If its going to better your life. Then have faith in it.

That's why so many people in prisons hang on to religion to hold their sanity. They put all their horrible past aside and put there life into the hands of faith and relgion. And that helps them cleanse their mind of evil. It gives them solitude~ Religion is a very powerful system and it can also be used to teach hatred and suffering. Just make sure you choose the positive religion that will help you and your community. (^_^)
Back to top Go down
Jackson

Jackson

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 10:25 pm

like Christianity
Back to top Go down
Emolicious

Emolicious

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 10:41 pm

Eiko wrote:
Emolicious wrote:

If its going to better your life. Then have faith in it.

That's why so many people in prisons hang on to religion to hold their sanity. They put all their horrible past aside and put there life into the hands of faith and relgion. And that helps them cleanse their mind of evil. It gives them solitude~ Religion is a very powerful system and it can also be used to teach hatred and suffering. Just make sure you choose the positive religion that will help you and your community. (^_^)
Uuuh... Eiko.. I'm aithiest... XD I jsut was saying it was great to learn about the religions of the world so I could understand the cultures more and be able to talk with someone who isn't athiest. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eiko's Forum~ :: Music :: Musics in general-
Jump to: