Eiko's Forum~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eiko's Forum~

This forum is for everyone to enjoy great conversations. (^_^)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our Lives~

Go down 
+11
Emolicious
Mr. Bahr
stewie
Jackson
Franq
Gyro_MiceO
oishii1
minh_tran_v2
BrokenMorning
Hung
Eiko
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

Our Lives~ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 1:51 am

-Your RC Copter deserves a medal-
Our Lives~ - Page 3 18n
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjamanjaro
Gyro_MiceO

Gyro_MiceO

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:22 am

franq wrote:
thats a cool toy. I was gonna buy one of those cheap $4000 yen RC copters, but I figured it would suck and break in like 5 seconds.
You're right though, helicopters are Very complex. Aeronautical enginners always say that according to the laws of physics, they shouldn't even fly, but they break so many rules in just the right way, and actually do fly. Helicopter pilots are the highest paid piolots in the world except for cargo pilots. And helicopters are the most dangerous way to fly, except for being shot out of a cannon. That actually might take the cake.

Gyrocopter is even more complex, the mix of the airplane and helicopter, you don't see too much toys out of it, right? Wink
Back to top Go down
Gyro_MiceO

Gyro_MiceO

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:39 am

Mr. Bahr wrote:
-Your RC Copter deserves a medal-
Our Lives~ - Page 3 18n

If you fly the real one, teach me some. Basketball Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:35 am

im no pilot lol, you have to be an officer to fly one of those things and im enlisted. Im infantry not airwing as well so that doesnt help at all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emolicious

Emolicious

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:42 am

lol I love that pic. Razz
Back to top Go down
Franq

Franq

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:58 am

Last edited by on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Franq

Franq

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 12:38 pm

Last edited by on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gyro_MiceO

Gyro_MiceO

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 2:50 pm

franq wrote:
Gyro_mice,
I only say that a gyrocopter is like a plane crossed with a helicopter CONCEPTUALLY, not literally. There are meny reasons why it is like both, but it is actully nothing like either. Its like a helicopter because: it is a rotorcraft, it can vertically take off (by pre-spinning the rotor), it can vertically land, it has a very low minimum air speed. It is like an airplane because: Generally it needs a runway to take off, it has a rear control surface (not another rotor, it has a minimum air speed to stay aloft, it uses the same method for propultion(somtimes the same engine), it has vaguely similar flight characteristics.
It is not like either because: (unlike a helicopter) it can not hover, the rotor on the top is unpowered, there is no second rotor, it uses an airplane system for propultion, it is faster than a heli, (unlike an airplane) it can't do barrel rolls and loops, it can fly at speeds that would normally stall an airplane, it has no wings, bernouli's principal has nothing to do with it's flight, (its not like either because) it can fly controllably in winds that would ground traditional aircraft, it is far more simplistic than either a plane or a heli.

Here's how it works:
Pretend your hand is the rotor. Put your hand out level to the ground, then angle it at about a 15 degree angle. The highest point of your hand would be the front of the gyro. The engine pushes, or pulls the gyro in that direction. The resulting wind speed then causes the gyro's rotor on the top to spin. Once the rotor is spinning fast enough, it provides lift. This principal is called autorotation. Notice there is no engine link to the rotor, that is, the rotor is unpowered. All the engine does is push or pull (depending on wether its in the front or the rear of the craft) the aircraft, it does not provide lift directly. It is the air moving through the rotors, and the resulting spinning that provides lift. This is why a gyro can do things other craft can not, and also why it is safer. If it is windy, you can turn your engine off, angle the craft into the wind, and the wind will keep it aloft. You can also turn your engine off and the wind moving through the rotor on your decent will provide enough lift for you to fall at about the speed of a parachute, making the gyro less suseptible to catastrophic engine failures that plague traditional craft. I will get some links to some vids, to help clarify this.

You might be asking " if these are so safe and bad ass, why has there been no widespread use?"
Actually, for a short while the US postal service used these. The german police have a new program using gyros instead of helis. Here's the thing: Gyros were invented in 1937 by Juan De La Cierva, at the time they could do things that no other craft could do. However, an american engineer, using Cierva's patents, built the first working helicopter two years later. For quick flight, an airplane is best. It is fast and manuverable. For slow flight, and hovering, like for rescue, a heli is best, being that it can hover. Between those two aircraft, they fill the demand spectrum, and the gyro was kind of forgotten about. Also many people thought that the gyro's unpowered rotor was unsafe. This however, was not based at all on fact, and in fact
, the unpowered rotor is what makes it the safest aircraft you can fly.

No power to the main rotor. So the gyrocopter is basicly a conventional aircraft but uses free spin rotor instead of the fixed main wing parts to provide lift and aileron contol.

Gyrocraft, in order to provide lift and the "control surface", the craft itself must provide enough forward speed so the wind can push the rotor. How could the "jump off" take off ever possible in one of the video that you linked? where there is No farward movement or speed (the craft was sitting still on the ground). Any chances those "Conceptual" gyrocraft is rotor powered to do the jumping take off?

I would still perfer the fixed wing aircraft over the conventional gyrocraft, because it's more predictable in senses of controls and airspeed efficiency. Helicopter is better in case of vertical take off and landing. But the "Conceptual" gyrocraft is very impressive, it has all the advantages of both the fixed wing and heil.

No offensive or discouragement here, the experiences I had with my rotory craft. It just requires too much (and expensive) electronics in order to get a stabilized flight. The pilot's training does help, but its a lot of risk still when a new pilot put something this complex of controls into the air of unknown. No Gut or Courage thingy here!! in real life just chance and percentage!!
Back to top Go down
Gyro_MiceO

Gyro_MiceO

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:31 pm

franq wrote:
Gyro_mice,

Goen Brothers aviation is currently working on a gyro model that will have the highest working payload of any aircraft in history, while also having the greatest efficiency in aviation history. They say it will be able to lift 100tons of cargo and fly coast to coast (america's coast) on 180 gallons of fuel! Those are some amazing capabilities!

That thing must be some sort of superior design. I run 450 gals of #2 diesel in carrying the 35 ton gross, from Los Angles to New York. a big rig with a 500hp engine, that is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Gyro_MiceO

Gyro_MiceO

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:56 pm

franq wrote:
For the record...
American cars lick balls hard.
THe air intake actually closes valves when you trottle hard, wasting gas, power and making the fuel burn less cleanly. Japanese cars' air intake does the exact opposite. When trottled hard, valves open up, allowing a greater amount of oxygen into the cylinder and thus granting higher RPMs and more power, not to mention more speed and efficiency.

Why do you think GM, FORD, and Chrysler are all losing money and have been for some time now? Why do you think Honda and Toyota are whooping every American companies ass in terms of sales, value and performance? It's because they know how to engineer a car people want to buy, and not one that just burns more gas.

In Lower RPM, the valves requires larger openings in order to breath free with the Lower Velocity of pressured air. In Highter RPM, the valves requires smaller openings because of the highter pressured (higher velocity) of the air.

Engine's design is based upon its internal travel in velocity (RPM). In usual, it's the valves that can not keep up with the drive chains, that's where and when the Piston Hits the Valves then Breaks the drive chains or the valves at excessed RPM.

Here's the Toyota's VVT-i system diagram, as known as Variable valve timing, which is commonly use in many of japanese car's modern engine designs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:VVTLi.jpg
Back to top Go down
Gyro_MiceO

Gyro_MiceO

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:29 pm

franq wrote:
thats a cool toy. I was gonna buy one of those cheap $4000 yen RC copters, but I figured it would suck and break in like 5 seconds.
You're right though, helicopters are Very complex. Aeronautical enginners always say that according to the laws of physics, they shouldn't even fly, but they break so many rules in just the right way, and actually do fly. Helicopter pilots are the highest paid piolots in the world except for cargo pilots. And helicopters are the most dangerous way to fly, except for being shot out of a cannon. That actually might take the cake.

If you decided to Do It. Go For It ! Man !

I Love to Flight too ! When it is Time, There is Nothing could stop me ever again !
Back to top Go down
emmajkt

emmajkt

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:43 pm

Living in Sydney is kind a cool, its very different compare to Asia.

i use to hang out with my friend after study

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love to meeting them, going to the park or just simply hang out in starbucks

or when they get this crazy mood, we'll go get crazy and dance!... or making some funny faces!!

Or there's a time i just spend the day alone

Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/emmajkt
Eiko

Eiko

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:26 pm

emma:

Emma you're so beautiful (^_^)
Looks like you know how to party~ <(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^)> ^(^_^)> <(^_^)^ (>^_^)>

I party with my girlfriends too. All girls night out Razz
The beach looks so amazing there.
Back to top Go down
https://eiko.forumotion.com
emmajkt

emmajkt

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:43 pm

Eiko wrote:
emma:

Emma you're so beautiful (^_^)
Looks like you know how to party~ <(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^)> ^(^_^)> <(^_^)^ (>^_^)>

I party with my girlfriends too. All girls night out Razz
The beach looks so amazing there.

thank you eiko, maybe i can go party with you if i go to Japan? lol Razz or we should catch up if you come to Sydney. That would be great I love you
Back to top Go down
Eiko

Eiko

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:04 am

emmajkt:

That sounds great. I can party pretty hard if I have too (^_~). Party like a Rock, Party like a RockStar~ Have you heard that song. I like it.

Sydney Australia must be a party place. I like to visit it once. I'll let you know when I come.

I'll be visiting China for the Olympic games there. I don't know if you've ever been to China. It's going to be very fun. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://eiko.forumotion.com
Hung

Hung

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:15 am

now i want to go to it even more, hope my cousin goes so i have someone to go with at least, hmm my sister also mentioned it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0thingness
emmajkt

emmajkt

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:18 am

Eiko wrote:
emmajkt:

That sounds great. I can party pretty hard if I have too (^_~). Party like a Rock, Party like a RockStar~ Have you heard that song. I like it.

Sydney Australia must be a party place. I like to visit it once. I'll let you know when I come.

I'll be visiting China for the Olympic games there. I don't know if you've ever been to China. It's going to be very fun. cheers

Haha, yup love that song! so you like R&B, hun?

Never been to china, i suppose it would be very interesting
Back to top Go down
Hung

Hung

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:24 am

R&B? its not R&B, its hip hop or rap, i dont even think its rock is it? i am listening to r&b at this moment, Ne-Yo - Sexy Love

After that, i want to travel to guangdong and all the other provinces than go to korea than live in china
Back to top Go down
Franq

Franq

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:30 am

Back to top Go down
Hung

Hung

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:38 am

ur a busy man franq
Back to top Go down
Franq

Franq

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:40 am

Back to top Go down
Hung

Hung

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:56 am

why couldn't u go out of town with her? and so what if ur japanese suck, at least u know some and i bet their are tour guides and english speakers there, u still could go around, don't waste your time there on this forum, no im not saying this forum is a waste of time
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bahr

Mr. Bahr

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:07 am

did you break dance in Tokyo? And don't tell me you don't want to break dance...everyone wants to break dance. lol!
Back to top Go down
Franq

Franq

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:21 am

Last edited by on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jackson

Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:14 am

I beat all yalls at dancin dont even try
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Lives~   Our Lives~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Lives~
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eiko's Forum~ :: Catagories :: Lifestyle-
Jump to: